In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1centro de investigaciones masculino
- Police set up an incident room at Ecclesfield police station as soon as they were alerted to the abduction.
- The incident room at Richmond Police Station has 30 detectives and other officers working full-time on the case.
- A team of 40 officers are working from an incident room at Mexborough police station.
- At Killingbeck police station, Leeds, where police set up an incident room, a steady stream of shocked officers arrived, called in to help find the gunman.
- More than 200 people called a police incident room, and the names of 130 men were given to detectives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.