In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The programme supports measures focused on social inclusion and equal opportunities.
- But to foster a sense of community and inclusion, they decided to attach it to the existing building.
- Each child selected for inclusion in the sample was a biological child of the primary respondent.
- This year, the venue has changed, and there are new people selecting the works for inclusion.
- We each independently selected trials for inclusion in the review.
- I spent the morning working on the new book of poems, selecting, sifting and sorting pieces for inclusion.
- They call for our inclusion within the community, but baulk at us having any meaningful role within our own agencies.
- The one that increased the likelihood the most was selected for inclusion in the model.
- Pupils regularly have their poems chosen for inclusion in the Poetry Now competition, which publishes books annually.
- In Victoria, crash statistics are used to select schools for inclusion in the program.
- A number of pieces out of the union of the resultant lists will then be selected for inclusion in the book.
- That this is a party which wishes to base itself upon compassion and inclusion is beyond doubt.
- This is not so much an offer of inclusion as an insistence upon it.
- Local companies have been selected, where possible, for inclusion in the construction of the new building.
- By defining itself so securely on its own terms, it excluded the rest of the British Isles from inclusion within it.
- The author and editors are unable to reply to contributions not selected for inclusion.
- Movements have achieved change by fighting for inclusion within this system.
- In keeping with the theme of inclusion, every child in the school is involved.
- Two reviewers independently selected trials for inclusion and exclusion.
- They embrace and build upon the critical importance of diversity and inclusion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.