In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The jazz jam is incredibly exciting because you have to be great to even take part.
- Its riveting but awful reading, a real condemnation and an incredibly brave work.
- If I can decide which of the incredibly dull candidates is less dull than the others.
- They're incredibly sweet and incredibly filling and suddenly incredibly sickly.
- Hagen may have been playing at it but Mac's drinking was for real and it was incredibly destructive.
- When I meet them again, I might have another beer and a giggle with them and feel incredibly mean.
- Everyone was still having fun while I was incredibly tired and decided to take a nap.
- What I also know about John is that he has a phenomenal will to win and takes the game incredibly seriously.
- Throughout all the treatment he was very brave and remained incredibly positive.
- I don't know how they pull it off, but everyone in these pics looks dirty, yet incredibly cool.
- When he came back he was incredibly dirty and seemed to be in a great deal of agony.
- There are certain people we work with who are very powerful gateways to incredibly important stuff.
- I suspect that this is because I got incredibly travel sick as a child on even the shortest journeys.
- What he doesn't realise is that he has so much talent and is so incredibly interesting.
- He was extremely uncomfortable and incredibly tired after waiting for such a long time.
- So far the response has been incredibly positive from everyone who's read it.
- Possibly because the feeling of love is so incredibly amazing and we just have to feel it.
- She felt incredibly dirty and wished for nothing more than to claw her own skin off.
- He was incredibly surprised to see me and asked me to stay and talk for a while.
- Consider all those incredibly brave men who lost their lives because they cared so much for others.
2aunque parezca increíbleaunque parezca mentira
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.