In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It seems to us that the suggestion that there should be separate trials of the rape and indecency charges in the present case was simply unrealistic.
- His defence was a complete denial of any indecency.
- He talks about the need to bring indecency laws that now cover broadcast TV to make sure they cover cable TV as well.
- His celebratory streak ended with arrest by police for indecency.
- Through our bad parenting, which sets wrong examples, we have institutionalized insensitivity and indecency and made them virtues.
- Now, in terms of the broadcast indecency standard here, we are talking about viewpoints, opinions on various subjects.
- Does this display run afoul of public indecency laws?
- In 1967, he was convicted of gross indecency by Weymouth magistrates.
- Keith was convicted of five gross indecency and three indecent assault charges at Swindon Crown Court on Tuesday.
- The reason that some senators want indecency to stay on the air is because they themselves are indecent.
- In a few videotaped moments, the yobs commit at least three offences: public indecency, trespass and burglary.
- That case, in combination with the more recent controversy, shows why it's time to get rid of broadcast indecency law forever.
- In the light of this provision, we do not accept that H has grounds for contesting the element of indecency in his conviction.
- The charges against them include public indecency, inappropriate behaviour, behaviour to the detriment of military discipline and assault.
- The case concerned a headmaster who was charged with gross indecency.
- Congress is looking at reforming indecency laws to be much tougher on transgressors.
- Ward will be charged with lewd and lascivious behaviour, public indecency and public intoxication at the Calgary courthouse on Monday.
- The term gross indecency was not statutorily defined and was to be given meaning by courts on the particular facts of each case.
- The commission has proposed no indecency fines during his five months in the chair.
- It was unclear exactly how he would go about further criminalizing the indecency statutes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.