In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He's indefatigable, like the sides he puts on the park.
- A whistle-stop tour of the home of Renaissance painting, by gondola, vaporetto and on foot, with Sir Tim as our indefatigable guide.
- Like a restive monkey, it dangles from each vine of contemplation for hardly a millisecond and moves ahead with indefatigable enthusiasm.
- And it was a shining example of how history is really forged, not recorded, baptized in the indefatigable whirl of media spin.
- However, Titik, 34, is now enjoying the fruits of her persistence and indefatigable spirit.
- Brilliant as he was indefatigable, he recreated the Zuni past from their syllables and potsherds.
- King's indefatigable efforts in the pursuit of a better world for future generations are to be applauded.
- He was indefatigable in his industry and sense of curiosity.
- But he was just indefatigable when it came to his relationships with women.
- Through his mother's contacts, he acted as if he were born to greatness, whereas in truth he had to achieve it by his own indefatigable efforts.
- Intelligent, courageous, dynamic, indefatigable and compassionate are the words that best describe young Tom.
- That evening, we ate and relaxed around the fire - free of the indefatigable bugs and oppressive heat of the night before.
- More useful were sessions with Madame Mansouri, a physiotherapist, who was indefatigable in her attempts to get Kit to sit up unaided, to roll over and to crawl.
- She has been indefatigable in helping us to counter a threat, which may have repercussions over a far wider area, than that occupied by this charming little cottage.
- One can only salute such indefatigable souls, and wish them success in their efforts.
- For a couple of hours there is hectic activity and on every side there are vigorous walkers and indefatigable joggers getting their morning exercise.
- He has been an indefatigable defender of Epsom General Hospital.
- The rain came down; there seemed to be only performers, booth owners, security officers and some indefatigable limers left.
- Later that evening, the indefatigable management team inducts the 200 new staff at the Teviot bar in preparation for this year's festival.
- Polio may have deprived Kannan of his legs, but it has not deterred his indefatigable spirit and desire to achieve and inspire others as well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.