In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1in Indian file — en fila india
- Classically, the cells tend to infiltrate as individual rows (single or Indian file) and may form concentric arrays (targetoid pattern).
- Coming down in Indian file, Kieren couldn't produce her any later today.
- Originally, the Italians envisaged frogmen as ‘underwater infantry’ who would walk in Indian file along the bottom of the sea towards their targets.
- At training, his team ran three kilometres to warm up before finishing the session with fifteen laps of Indian file, an exercise of sprinting and jogging.
- Scouts moving in Indian file should normally face oncoming traffic and walk on the right hand side of the road, but I am aware that there are divergences of opinion on this point.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.