In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Alex watched the screen, with speed and distance indicators relative to the Vision's position displayed at the bottom edge.
- The boat also managed to use its emergency position indicator radio beacon.
- He let two minutes go by, using the time indicator display in the view-finder.
- Another idea is to install a traffic speed indicator which flashes when a vehicle is travelling too fast.
- My last recollection was noting 120 mp/h on the air speed indicator, then I ploughed into trees.
- Note that this board doesn't have a standby power indicator LED on it.
- Pier head deflections were measured using digital dial indicators attached to a reference beam and connected to the data acquisition system.
- By far the main thing I liked was the fan speed indicator and fan speed control.
- If you prefer, you can switch to an artificial horizontal situation indicator screen, or split the screen and have both.
- Surely something as simple as an electronic speed indicator, coupled with a 30 mph zone sign, would have effectively targeted the worst offenders.
- During the mounting operation, a sensor reads injection information from an indicator device on the syringe and feeds it to an injector control.
- Warning indicators and gauges told her she'd lost all hydraulics.
- The ship's speed indicator jumped forward, as did the ship, leaving the dimmer-witted fighters behind.
- I welcome the introduction of the smiley face speed indicators.
- Other flight data, including landing gear position indicators and drag information, indicate that it is unlikely the left landing gear was deployed early.
- An auxiliary contact may be added to a circuit breaker that can communicate an alarm condition to an LED indicator or process software.
2Automóvilesintermitente masculinodireccional femenino México Colombiaseñalizador (de viraje) masculino Chile
- Vehicle Inspectorate mechanics checked each vehicle's lights, indicators, brakes, wheel nuts, steering, tyre pressure and general standard of maintenance.
- Clumsy indicator / fog lights upset the purposeful, shark-like nose and bling-bling chrome filler cap allied with red brake callipers also look out of place.
- Most obvious changes are the new rear light assemblies - with brake, reversing and indicator lights arranged neatly within a pair of larger tail-lamp units.
- However, sharp eyes will see the revised front bumper where fog lights replace the indicators, which are now housed in the main headlight fairing.
- CCTV footage showed the bus was stopped at a traffic stop with its indicator lights flashing.
- Conventional car lighting has a number of elements - headlamps, indicators, brake lights - in set positions.
- The car window was smashed, and the indicator lights were flashing.
- The entire light cluster can be a rear light, a brake light or an indicator, and automatically adjusts in intensity and brightness to suit prevailing conditions.
- The vehicle must also be registered with the DVLA and have lights, brakes and indicators.
- Riders must also wear a helmet, and the scooter will need road tax, insurance, number plates, break lights, indicators and an MOT certificate.
- The front light, indicators and windshield were also broken.
- Everything is where you want it to be, except the windscreen wipers, and indicators are on the opposite sides from where they usually are.
- In the end, the driver crawled along until he could get into a lay-by using only his indicator light for illumination, and used his own mobile to call the police.
- The bike had no horn, indicators, no lights, no rear brakes, and hardly any front brakes.
- Flashing direction indicators for motor vehicles, which will be legal in this country from Friday, were pioneered in Bradford, where they were fitted to some trolley-buses over a year ago.
- And, as with some Asian cars, the indicator and windscreen wipers are reversed, which can cause no end of confusion at first,
- Wander round to the back and the rear light clusters are designed to resemble the iris of an eye, with the sidelights, brake lights and indicators arranged in concentric circles.
- Mirrors, indicator lights, the number-plate and tax disk are easy to remove and replace.
- Teach your child how to spot what drivers are likely to do next, for example, the use of indicators and road signs.
- This cluster would also feature normal orange indicators and white reversing lights but which cannot be seen within the red tail light cluster when not in operation.
3(sign)indicador masculinoleading economic indicators — los indicadores económicos básicos
- As many have noted, the state of a country's prisons is a telling indicator of its level of civilization.
- Standardized achievement test scores are also used as an indicator of academic performance.
- The presence of good satire is a fair indicator of the level of free speech you have.
- They are a poor indicator of the level of district health board output, overall.
- The results suggest that the frequency of publication of financial statements may be an indicator of economic performance.
- Three of the ten indicators that make up the leading index increased in June.
- We chose educational level as an indicator of socioeconomic status.
- The most reliable scale is the Global Severity Index, an indicator of general stress level.
- Airlines often act as a leading indicator of the general economic environment due to their high sensitivity to interest rates, energy prices and labor costs.
- Educational levels of parents, a standard indicator of social and economic class, differ markedly for younger and older theological students.
- Increases in the consumption of these products is less an indicator of level of development than kind of development.
- A figure above 50 is an indicator of economic expansion and a figure below 50 indicates a contraction of the economy.
- Furthermore, the jump in oil prices is reflected in the trade deficit - an indicator of the unsatisfactory level of competitiveness of the Bulgarian economy.
- A key indicator of the high level of points being issued for the various offences is the fact that more than 7,000 drivers were issued with points last month alone.
- So the unemployment rate is a leading indicator of both economic and political strength.
- The stock market has long been seen as a leading indicator of economic growth.
- The IQ tests are used in industry and are regarded as being an indicator of future performance in the office or lecture room.
- Land holding in rural areas is a major indicator of economic status and social position.
- Sperm morphology - its size and shape - is a significant indicator of fertility levels.
- Generally speaking, the number of ads is a rough indicator of the economic dynamism of the surveyed country.
- Our fish tank kit came with a chemical indicator, bromothymol blue (BromoBlue).
- Various brews can give you color indicators for the presence of double bonds, methyl ketones, aldehydes and the like.
- This absence of correlation should warn against using CO temperature coefficients of chemical shifts as indicators of a hydrogen bond acceptor.
- The color change in acid-base indicators is due to a chemical reaction between the indicator and the hydronium ions in the solution.
- Trace elements and oxygen isotopes are useful geochemical indicators of the chemistry of the waters from which the chert precipitated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.