1indie band — grupo indie masculino
- indie music — música indie
- It starts in a traditional indie style, building to a climax before breaking into an incredible disco stomp.
- It's about instant access to Hollywood classics, new releases, indie fare and grassroots films, at any time, on any device.
- You can tell that he's quite deliberately outgrown his indie audience now because you actually enjoy hearing him sing.
- In the new age of indie vogue, film festivals - once rare and vital vehicles for showcasing independents - are now a dime a dozen.
- Their success has done nothing to influence their magical indie style of movie-making.
- The boy had messy and wild blonde hair that was styled in an indie rock style, cut nicely and kept a bit longer.
- This style of indie pop often takes the latter route, making it easy to overlook but that much more seductive.
- Their image is definitely at odds with a music scene pre-occupied with gravity defying hair styles and pre-requisitioned indie uniforms.
- The play their own unique style of melodic lo-fi indie rock, with flowing guitar lines, soft vocals and fat drums and bass.
- It's just another part of what the man does so brilliantly in this film - he has smuggled an almost indie aesthetic into a film that, to me, seems very commercial.
- In the UK alone, indies together account for a quarter of record sales.
- It's ploddy, 4/4 guitar driven indie that clutches on the coat tails of just about every band that came out of England in the 90's.
- I guess that in the argument between the indies and the majors, the majors are after a quick buck.
- Napster Canada has licences from the big five labels as well as indies.
- Do indies have a real voice at the Academy, assuming that we don't count Miramax as an indie?
- I'm just as disenchanted with American indies as studio films.
- But for the indies, an Oscar nomination is a big win.
- After the big sellers - the Christmas albums - are done for the season, the record stores stock the indies again, so now we're seeing a big difference.
- There are hints of grunge, supercharged indie, but plenty of searching, epic moments too.
- Part of the main drag downtown was closed to traffic, and every night all kinds of films, classics to indies, were screened outside for free.
- You'll find everything from rock and indie to emo and hip hop, and entry is £2 before 11 pm and £3 after.
- The truth is that this ban hurts many studios films’ Oscar hopes far more than it hurts the indies.
- And while occasional events can happen for the other true indies, the disparity between the haves and the have-nots is getting greater.
- They let us operate the same way we operated on our indie.
- Well, we were only on an indie for three months and when we signed to a major, our album didn't come out for a year and a half after that.
- There are, in fact, a great many indies dressed in studio clothing, trying desperately to imitate their conventional brethren in the hopes of national distribution.
- There's a complexity to it all, mixing indie with harder rock.
- His definition refers to extant companies, implying the book is mainly about modern indies.
- It's a move the band was practically forced to pursue after none of the Canadian indies the band shopped their demo to were responsive.
- Just the name alone sends shivers up indies ' shot schedules and editing equipment.
- Another huge difference between major studio distribution choices and indies is expectation.
- The indies continue to thrive against the odds and, more importantly, they have the vision, the music and the passion to make you a believer in the future of our business.
- Their inside knowledge gives their boutique roots/country label a leg up on a lot of other indies; when they need to, they can play the majors' game.
- You want to know why the truly independent minded indies remain indie?
- Possessing licensing deals with the major labels and indies has become an important selling point to attract consumers away from the free file-trading sites.
- Some people might see the move from a major back to an indie as a step in the wrong direction, even if it is your own label.
- It's refreshing to see that even the smaller indies are able to contribute to large-minded charitable ventures.
- The indies have seen their cost of business rise beyond reason as well.
- Even beyond indies vs. studio films, there became a schism at the studios.
- He brought with him enough songs to kick all three new stores off with 700,000 songs from all five major labels and ‘dozens’ of indies.
- The other foreign-finance indies are playing it much closer to the vest.
- That still leaves three other major labels and countless indies around the world still to go.
- He closes by examining the few films - mostly little-known indies - that he believes portray the city in a fuller, truer fashion.
- I don't buy into the conspiracy against indies theory.
- Top acts from across the music spectrum were there - reggae, indie, hip-hop, punk, bhangra and garage - performing to massive racially mixed crowds.
- Also - and this is important - by raising overhead costs (publicity, cross promotion, etc.), the music industry makes it more difficult for indies to enter the market.
- This is the kind of filmmaking that renews my faith in indies.
- Of course, a indie / dependent studio is, in many ways, a collective licensing scheme.
2Cineproductora independiente femenino