In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Also, women today have lost any sense of colour, style or individuality.
- The role can be a means through which the character expresses his or her individuality.
- We color our hair and clothes; paint our nails, anything to manifest our individuality.
- None of them display any charming character, appealing features or particular individuality.
- Men gave up their individuality and personal freedom to fit into what they believed their women wanted.
- His own music, lacking any marked individuality, has not stood the test of time.
- The best wines of this region can truly stand alone in quality and individuality.
- Fresh Atlantic fish and shellfish are invariably the star attractions here, presented with style and individuality.
- Style is nothing if not a celebration of individuality, of individual variability.
- And people clearly have more individuality and taste than companies.
- I like stadiums to have individuality, identity, a unique feeling and atmosphere that strikes you every time you see it.
- His music was characterized by great individuality, sometimes bordering on the sensational.
- By imagination, I mean that expression of our individuality by which we make a personal sense of the world around and inside of us.
- She has such character and individuality, it never seems to feel like that.
- A collection of individuals yet we feel that any expression of individuality is an affront to community.
- The self, in Indian philosophy is something different than the Western idea of self as individuality.
- We strive to revel in our uniqueness, love our individuality, and express that freely.
- I think there is a real issue about valuing individuality and difference to a far extent.
- Eccentricity, strangeness and individuality I like, conformity I flirt with.
- At 12 weeks, activity has become vigorous and behaviour shows distinct individuality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.