In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1huelga o cualquier otra medida de presión ejercida en un conflicto laboral
- The unions are in close talks with each other about organising industrial action against the war.
- Last month consultants appeared to be on the brink of industrial action over the lack of a new national deal.
- He warned of tough negotiations ahead and said they could not rule out the prospect of industrial action.
- Several thousand workers will start voting today and industrial action could begin next month.
- The union said that while its members had voted for full industrial action, no dates had yet been set for strikes.
- The protest will consider further industrial action if the pay rise is not granted.
- They are saying they don't just want a vote for industrial action, but for strike action as well.
- Then the union will have to give the employers seven days' notice of any industrial action they intend to take.
- The illegal industrial action was a protest against the growing trend of privatisation.
- The union is currently balloting its members on industrial action short of a strike.
- The workers have voted nine to one for industrial action, which will include working to rule and an overtime ban.
- He refused to rule out the possibility of a ballot for fresh industrial action.
- Today, you would find scarce mention of a strike or industrial action in the media.
- Mr Tray insisted that neither he nor his members wanted to strike or take any other form of industrial action.
- It is not clear what action the pilots might take, but industrial action has been ruled out.
- They say this could lead to industrial action by public sector unions, and even possible strikes by staff.
- Orkney may be affected by fire service strikes this winter if industrial action gets enough support.
- This is a one-day strike, but we are prepared to take further industrial action until our claim is met.
- Passengers could be left stranded in two months' time if drivers decide to stage industrial action.
- When the drivers walked out it was the first industrial action on the area's buses for 14 years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.