In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zona industrial femeninopolígono industrial masculino España
- The industrial park essentially was rigged to explode.
- Then subdivision began, and housing tracts and industrial parks started to replace fields and barns.
- Always providing that the nature of the proposed industry is acceptable in environmental and other terms, this is very good news for the new industrial park.
- The remaining 40 were moved to an industrial park in a suburban area.
- The tribe's principal industries are agriculture, industrial parks, and recreational parks.
- The majority of sites are well-positioned, near to existing industrial parks.
- In addition, he said, around £40m of previously announced money will help with the construction of a new industrial park in the region.
- Because of this, the government will continue efforts to construct and develop science-based industrial parks, he said.
- Suburban office and industrial parks and shopping centers competed successfully with central business districts, dispersing economic activity over wide areas.
- As in industrial parks, the businesses can share management, space, operating equipment, maintenance and even advertising expenses.
- He believes that there would be a lot of interest among industrialists in such an industrial park.
- Brussels wants the projects to open up new sites for businesses such as industrial parks and to produce innovative and competitive enterprises.
- This web of generating technologies will serve an industrial park and a few nearby residences, and even feed surplus power back to the main power grid.
- But one year after the invasion, many of his neighbors in the industrial park have gone out of business.
- The truth is different, since many industrial parks actually expanded, and Juxi Industrial Park in Huaxi town is a typical example.
- One afternoon, I arrive at his furniture workshop, in an industrial park in Kommetjie, a half-hour drive from the city.
- He said a livestock market was a special case because it would not normally be built on an industrial park or in an area of housing.
- The council has just purchased an industrial land bank linked closely to the existing industrial park in the town.
- Older students catch the same bus to school that drops off first-shift workers at the industrial park.
- We've got some new industrial parks opening up shortly; maybe we could put his name on one of those or part of the highway.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.