- Thirdly, the cost of living is higher in the cities and fairly inelastic.
- Graduated compression therapy to overcome venous hypertension is useful and can be applied using inelastic or elastic bandages.
- Fluid resuscitation leads to the development of burn wound oedema and swelling of the tissue beneath this inelastic burnt tissue.
- When the deformation exceeds the elastic limit of the object, it undergoes inelastic deformation.
- It is a malevolent literary device for cramping the growth of a language and making it hard and inelastic.
- A sheet or band of tough, inelastic, fibrous connective tissue.
- But late signs can be severe including sunken eyes, inelastic skin and without urine output.
- Without the magic elixir of paper money, borrowers would face insufficient liquidity, an excessively rigid credit system, and an inelastic monetary system.
- When the calf muscles press against the rigid, inelastic bandage, they pump more effectively facilitating removal of fluid from the extremity.
- The cuff is an inelastic cloth that encircles the arm and encloses the inflatable rubber bladder.
- I've been knitting with so many inelastic yarns (cotton, cotton/silk, etc), that I really wanted to work with wool.
- That's the mantra of many a hack desperate to meet an inelastic deadline or dying to use a bombastic headline.
- A new method for determining the presence of inelastic compressive strain at any location in a tree was devised.
- Over time, too much sun can age the skin, making it leathery and inelastic.
- Surprisingly, these inelastic pedagogic methods were extremely successful, and Post was a very popular teacher.
- This is characterized by the appearance of wrinkles, dry, inelastic leathery skin and irregular pigmentation.
- Fibroblasts grow into the exudate from both the visceral and parietal pleural surface to produce an inelastic membrane called the pleural peel.
- Some polymers stretch to 10 times their length, whereas metals are relatively inelastic, he says.
- With an inelastic demand, much lower prices and lower incomes (excluding large increases in subsidies) resulted.
- Some commodities are described as being elastic; others as inelastic.
- If this occurs, rice prices would decline, given that the demand for rice is relatively inelastic.
- A slight drop in price does not endear the other newspaper - more or less newspaper demand is price inelastic.
- Most of the increase in consumption will occur in the transportation sector where demand for petroleum is inelastic.
3formal(rigid, uncompromising)(policy/approach) poco flexible(approach/policy) rígido