In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We require state interference to redress social inequity and poverty alleviation, our past necessitates that.
- Social inequity gives a lower status to women as being less important, less capable, less central and less valuable than men in society.
- She believes these are creating unacceptable levels of inequity and unfairness in the income tax code.
- But I can say that the level of inequity in the world is not a natural phenomenon, it is designed by men.
- I'm referring to the kind of gross inequity that dictates that some people should starve and die while others burn money for heat.
- Since when did the Howard Government become a champion of addressing gender inequity in the workplace?
- Whichever way you look at it there is inequity between men and women.
- Our world is in crisis today: conflict, economic disasters and inequity abound everywhere.
- Locally held budgets have resulted in ‘postcode prescribing’ in inequity in the availability of medicines.
- Always acutely socially conscious, he was struck by the poverty and social inequity in the countries that he visited.
- She presses her students to think of other consumer experiences that reflect societal inequity.
- She is a rebel against social inequity and for the cause of the underprivileged.
- The ultimate correction of this kind of inequity probably must await the elimination of poverty.
- It remains necessary, however, to address the current inequity between the standards for men and women.
- Patients also felt they had been injured as a result of inequity of access to healthcare due to the high cost of primary care and social deprivation.
- Gross inequity exists in the provision of stroke services within the UK, and comparisons with mainland Europe show Britain in a poor light.
- The matter is far more complex and there is good evidence that globalisation reduces poverty and inequity.
- What are some other relatively easy-to-change practices that perpetuate gender inequity?
- Child labour thrives in India because of social inequity, official neglect and anti-poor policies.
- Many of the same tax loopholes that lead to inequity are also economically inefficient, even harmful.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.