In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With that, I flew off and landed in a muddy heap in the swampy infield, while the bike sagged directly to the ground.
- The agricultural economy was primarily based on raising cattle on forest land and cereal production on small cleared infields.
- The remainder of the course coils through the 130 acre infield putting a premium on handling and braking.
- Thousands more can view the action from a 215-acre infield.
- Later on, 1920-21, I deeded the 60 acres southwest of the public highway, as well as the 40 acres infields and woods on the northeast side, with the old house and barn.
- The infield should continue to be the glue of the defense.
- The middle of the infield should be Bobby Hill and Javier Guzman, both players that should boast modest OBPs in the future.
- ‘With the infield in and the bases loaded, the batter hit a shot past the shortstop,’ said Ford.
- In the letters section of the August issue of Baseball Digest, a chart was printed listing 12 teams whose infields drove in 400 or more runs in one season.
- Along with Giambi, Jeter and Robin Ventura, it marked one of the few times in history that one team's entire infield was named to an All-Star squad.
- The infield won't resemble last season's very much.
- The umpire looks at me strangely, as a matter of fact, the whole infield of The Indians team was staring at me.
2EEUU(of racetrack)área interior de una pista o circuito de carreras
- The infield at The Ballpark was playing fast and Lowe was likely to produce a ground ball.
- Both are righthanded hitters who can play the infield and outfield corners.
- If there's a pop beyond the infield, the outfielders should take charge - it's easier to catch a ball coming in than going back.
- Andy Fox is valuable to the team because of his experience, his lefthanded bat and his ability to play the infield and outfield.
- Bautista has plus power, a good arm and the versatility to play the infield or outfield.
- Cabrera and Bloomquist both can play the infield and the outfield.
- Furcal relied on his arm too much last season and has learned he doesn't have to throw rockets across the infield on every grounder.
- In Japan, Suzuki's bunting for hits was such a regular feature of his repertoire it changed how infields played him.
- He takes his infield and outfield gloves into the dugout for each game.
- Gipson is excellent fielder who can play the infield and outfield.
- He offers the versatility of being able to play in the infield and outfield.
- Erin White squeezed a grounder through the right side of the infield in the eighth to score Jackie Lance and give the Canadians a 1-0 victory.
- The club will evaluate him as he plays all around the infield and in the outfield.
- The lineup, laden with veterans, has proven hitters with good defense in center field and at the infield corners.
- Super-sub Denny Hocking's ability to play well in the infield or outfield is the main reason the Twins have been able to carry a 12-man pitching staff.
- And newcomers Dmitri Young and Craig Paquette, who can play the infield and outfield corners, will provide much-needed hitting.
- Mike Mordecai has played all the infield positions and is prepared to try the outfield.
- He then jogged back to the wall to retrieve the ball and lobbed it to the infield as three runs scored.
- The thick infield grass at Wrigley Field has helped the Cubs in recent years because their infielders haven't had much range and their hitters thrived on the long ball.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.