- The biggest obstacle to the advance of medical informatics isn't the technology, it's the entrenched institutional resistance.
- His areas of expertise include medical informatics, software engineering, and human factors.
- Neural networks are popular in computer science, business informatics, as well as statistics and neurology.
- His current research interests extend to bioinformatics, health informatics and smart Internet technologies.
- In the context of biological informatics, metadata is an interoperability issue.