In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1revolución de la información femenino
- Citizens of these nations are constantly told about the information revolution that will dissolve the old struggles of class, nation, gender, and ethnicity.
- The information revolution of the 1990s was also accompanied by the rise of neo-liberal economic philosophy and a resurgence of capitalism.
- The new world order of the computer and the information revolution offers the country a situation quite favourable to its unique spiritual and intellectual talents.
- One retired chief librarian said there was a time when public libraries were in the vanguard of the information revolution, but they lost the initiative.
- Globalization may have been given a decisive push by the information revolution, but computers and the internet didn't cause it.
- And, thanks to the information revolution and increased economic migration, they now know that things are better elsewhere.
- Illusion remained a drug that allowed us to sleep in delicious numbness until the information revolution exploded and exposed the Arab situation.
- The information revolution is inconceivable without political democracy - and vice-versa.
- We are going through an information revolution.
- They were part of the information revolution; electronic text that sent words flying free of paper around the world to be displayed or stored in profusion.
- The indeterminate answers to these elementary questions about the information revolution are in stark contrast to the strength of conviction that IT determines the modern world.
- This is the great benefit of the information revolution.
- Much of the new investment in journalism today - much of the information revolution generally - is in disseminating the news, not in collecting it.
- With publications and broadcasting delivered free by the Internet directly to homes, is the information revolution making libraries obsolete?
- This process of interconnectedness was propelled by the dual impact of globalisation and its handmaiden, the information revolution.
- The information revolution, though, has given India, for the first time, some real resources and tools to address its chronic ailments.
- Africa has entered the information revolution.
- However, if current economic and social trends continue, leadership in the information revolution and soft power will become more important in the mix.
- The end of the Cold War, the spread of wealth and the information revolution have changed the nature of the threats our predecessors faced.
- And, thanks to the information revolution, the slightest hint of corruption at the highest levels quickly became global news
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.