In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- What information science takes from anthropology, in my view, is but a small, generally nonscientific, portion of the corpus of research.
- These questions and more have crossed disciplinary lines, from ethics, public policy, social science, and law to computer security and information science.
- But the connection between information science and physical processes appears once we think about events on the quantum scale.
- In the non-academic world, information professionals don't necessarily possess an advanced degree in library science, information science, or a related field.
- The first international paper competition invited submissions about practical collaborative applications of digital libraries or information science and technology in developing countries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.