In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tiempo de descuento masculino
- They looked like getting it and it was deep into lengthy injury time when the Spaniards scraped a deserved equaliser.
- Last season Bolton conceded a goal in injury time in five games and it cost the club ten points.
- The youngster converted all six tries and brought down the curtain with a solo effort as the game was about to go into injury time.
- I thought we were staring at another defeat when the whistle blew for a free kick to City deep into injury time.
- With darkness falling in interminable injury time the inevitable happened.
- They added a second five minutes later and sealed victory with a third goal in injury time.
- I don't agree with the time wasting bit - a referee can always allow more injury time to compensate.
- But in injury time James Walshaw made the most of generous defending to bang home the winner.
- England soaked up the pressure and Wilkinson was able to extend the lead further with another drop goal in injury time.
- There will be three minutes of injury time, not enough for Germany I fear.
- Which brings him to another question: what's the longest amount of injury time added?
- His second brought the sides level as the game moved into injury time but Bath had one last trick up their sleeves.
- It ended a run of 14 games unbeaten and it was a sickener to concede in injury time of both halves.
- By the time the referee has sorted out all the pushing and shoving in the penalty box injury time is nearly over.
- Four minutes plus injury time stands between them and the second round.
- The Greeks could find no reply after the break and even missed a penalty in injury time.
- The resilient Germans snatched a dramatic equaliser two minutes into injury time.
- In the fifth minute of injury time Ireland won a scrum to the right of the English posts.
- No word was available if the referee would add injury time to the end of the match.
- Stradbally were always in control but conceded two bad goals going into injury time to concede a draw.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.