In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They revel in every perceived injustice, and are desperate to have someone to blame.
- Australia provides for and nurtures this injustice by its immoral foreign policy.
- On behalf of the people that I represent in this parliament, I say sorry for these past injustices.
- They fought shoulder-to-shoulder with men against the injustices of colonial rule.
- Few people in his position used their fame to stand up against injustices and to spread the message of love and peace in the way he did.
- He referred to a number of grave injustices that were imposed on non-national workers in this country.
- It should aim to make us aware of the injustices still rampant.
- We need to take the opportunities we have to be active, not passive, in exposing the injustices done to ourselves and to others.
- Some land surrendered to the Crown may have involved injustices.
- You are downplaying the honest feelings we have in regards to these injustices, and losing our respect.
- But the Vietnam he founded is not one that wallows in the injustices and hardships of the past.
- Do they campaign against the assorted injustices in the city and challenge politicians on their doorstep?
- Putting a deadline on eliminating this injustice would be a real success.
- However, social and racial injustices persist and it's important that some people should get angry about it.
- It was literature that gave her the courage to write about the terrible injustices she witnessed among the black population.
- This must be reversed, otherwise this country will collapse when such injustices remain.
- We all see how global injustices directly affect local injustices.
- However, in our quest for universal peace, this does not mean that we are forgetful of injustices.
- Put this injustice right Home Office, these men have earned the right to be called British and they are proud to do so.
- But in spite of the injustices meted out by her father, she is not bitter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.