In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of psychiatric hospital) interno masculino(of psychiatric hospital) interna femenino(of prison) preso masculino(of prison) presa femenino(of hospital) paciente hospitalizado masculino(of hospital) paciente hospitalizada femenino
- In recent times, actions against prison authorities by inmates have become increasingly common.
- It will be a far cry from North Sea Camp open prison where inmates have keys to their own rooms.
- Is a person entitled to receive all accident compensation entitlements while he or she is an inmate in a penal institution?
- It is a prison that does not require these new powers to allow prison officers to control inmates.
- The inmates of the prison were given an introduction on tackling mental stress.
- The wearing of ritual jewellery must be risk-assessed by prison officers before the inmate is allowed to place it around the neck.
- The prisons are hosting more inmates than they were initially built to handle.
- In real prison situations, inmates are ready to sell body and soul for a stale crust of bread - anything!
- Since then we have seen a huge increase in the demand from prison inmates for such a service.
- Within three years, there would be one prison inmate for every six students completing high school.
- Those members are advocating a system where there is no incentive not to abuse prison inmates.
- It also contains a door with two large glass panels which allows prison officers to observe inmates.
- Also, there are four inmates staying at the prison who are about to finish their sentences.
- This approach is altered at the final concert, where Cash performs to the inmates of Folsom Prison.
- Before an inmate could use one of the phones the prison service had to activate it.
- If a man who is in charge of inmates breaks prison regulations, he should be charged.
- These claims do not include allegations of assault by a prison officer on an inmate.
- The next crime for which I would sanction the death penalty is the murder of either a prison officer or another inmate whilst serving a life sentence.
- There is a story of a man who visited a prison and asked each inmate what he had done wrong.
- We have a special housing unit where they house the inmates they interrogate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.