- So mighty is that particular vortex, it is said to have swallowed whales, swimming bears, trees and even whole ships, sucking them inexorably into ‘the inmost recesses of the abyss’.
- This clever and engaging play features two people on a train, who, for the most part, express only their inmost thoughts and only at the last make any connection with each other.
- Why are these people so addicted to writing letters, and recording their inmost thoughts on tape?
- The ultimate expression of this deep-seated corruption is the practice of selling, for that most worldly of objects, money, something that concerns man's deepest and inmost nature - the spiritual peace brought by the remission of sins.
- Like a bow against a cello, this revelatory scene plays against us, plays deep in our inmost selves, and brings something low and grieving to our lips.