In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1posadero masculinoposadera femeninoventero masculinoventera femenino
- They pulled on their packs, put on their boots, pulled up their hoods, and paid the innkeeper with silent swiftness.
- A man was sitting there speaking to the innkeeper, other patrons carried on at their tables.
- Still distraught, he finds more than a shoulder to cry on when his innkeepers introduce him to Mandy, a beautiful nurse.
- She left with a wave to the kind innkeeper and stepped outside into the morning air.
- Not only has she been seen several times, she has even talked to the innkeepers and certain guests.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.