In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nombrePlural innuendoes, Plural innuendos
1indirecta femeninoinsinuación femeninothe article is full of innuendos — el artículo hace muchas insinuaciones
- she's always making innuendos about my father — siempre está lanzando indirectas / haciendo insinuaciones sobre mi padre
- I don't understand how people can be so cruel and unfeeling as to create havoc and distress in another person's life based on nothing but innuendos and rumors.
- I laughed, thoroughly amused by his responses to my innuendos.
- I was going to slaughter James for his constant sexual innuendos.
- You do not mean those snitchy innuendos about your friends being freeloaders.
- Anyway, if you're wondering what all the innuendos of the movie are trying to say or what the grand meaning you take from the flick is, here it is: Nothing.
- And, in their laddish way, they will make lewd and disparaging remarks and innuendos.
- His letter is a collection of false assertions, distortions, innuendos, contradictions, and misreadings.
- Presumably without checking with their own intelligence experts or the White House, the three Democratic leaders went public with their incendiary innuendos.
- There's not much promise in the situation, and the dialogue has a few innuendos that are, by the standards of the time, gross.
- When sexual innuendos were actually made they appeared forced in order to appease my interests - they failed in this attempt.
- There will always be sex jokes to tell and innuendos to be made.
- And even though there was a lack of detail, simple innuendos suggested that one was female and the other male.
- ‘I am making a sterling plea to members of the public to avoid speculation and innuendos until the investigations are completed and the report is published,’ he implored.
- So I called again and this time he tells me a whole set of things that had some nasty innuendos to them and there's a disgusting laugh in the background from yet another male.
- Problems occurred, however, when the behavior was unwelcome by staff members or if the behaviors included lewd remarks or sexual innuendos.
- Dress conduct, sexual innuendos at the workplace and other such issues are raised in the book.
- In your desire to blacken the reputation of Indonesia, you have resorted to the dissemination of falsehoods, misrepresentations and innuendos without any factual basis.
- It is possible to have a political conversation with someone who is the polar opposite of you without using ugly words and nasty innuendos.
- I smiled at the memory of all his sexual innuendos and how they always managed to leave me either completely flustered or speechless.
- The list of wrong stories, innuendos, misdirection, disinformation and outright lies that have been printed and broadcast on behalf of the Republican party in the mainstream press is staggering.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.