In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Addition reactions of inorganic molecules occur when an atom has more than one valence.
- Under sulphur-deficient conditions, reduced protein synthesis is accompanied by the accumulation of organic and inorganic nitrogenous compounds.
- Similarly, if the compound is inorganic, an organic solvent, such as water, is needed.
- Both organic and inorganic compounds experience elimination reactions.
- In the chemistry laboratory, ultraviolet and visible spectroscopy (UV-vis spectroscopy) is used to study molecules and inorganic ions in solution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.