In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paciente hospitalizado masculinopaciente hospitalizada femenino
- She was treated as an inpatient at her local hospital with intravenous antibiotics for suspected low grade bacterial cellulitis.
- The need to explain this to hospital inpatients may not be so obvious.
- Yet strangely it has no effective role in treating the most common type of anaemia to affect hospital inpatients.
- It has been estimated that, among hospital inpatients with delirium, less than half have fully recovered by the time of discharge.
- Some were community dwelling ambulatory patients attending a health clinic and others were inpatients on a geriatric ward.
- You may receive your treatment as an inpatient, as an outpatient in the clinic, or at home.
- Such prescriptions may affect two thirds of inpatients in specialist palliative care units.
- All members of the team sat in with me in an outpatient clinic and observed my ward round of inpatients.
- Substance misuse is common in psychiatric inpatients, but most patients have not been asked about these disorders by admitting psychiatrists.
- Yet over the same period, the number of cases seen in outpatients and inpatients in English hospitals has soared.
- The available clinical evidence leans heavily on parenteral therapy of inpatients with pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Inpatients should expect to wait no longer than 18 months for a bed, but more than three out of four inpatients are admitted to hospital within three months of referral.
- They note the relatively low levels of outpatient attendance among this group, along with higher rates of drop-out from treatment than among inpatients.
- We invited adult inpatients and outpatients at Christchurch Hospital, New Zealand to take part in the study.
- This study showed that a single intervention to prevent return to smoking in cardiac inpatients after discharge from hospital was not effective.
- A rescue plan to keep Warminster Community Hospital open to inpatients is expected to be announced to staff today.
- In a study of hospital inpatients, less effective pain management was noted for older Hispanic patients.
- Four fifths of the patients recruited were medical inpatients; most patients recruited had cancer.
- I cover all inpatients, partial-hospital patients and consultations from the medical hospital.
- No significant differences were found between ethnic groups in the admission of inpatients to hospitals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.