In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of resources)aportación femeninoaporte masculino América Latinaa large financial input — una gran aportación financiera
- In mitigation, overcharging customers due to an incorrect computer input is not a hanging offence.
- It's a phrase that could apply to how corporate leaders make decisions as readily as it does to the results of computer-data input.
- About the same time I was told that the paper tape as a means of computer input was dead, too.
- These strengths make them ideal for certain IT work, such as computer programming or data input, which many people find boring, she said.
- The suspect is in charge of data input and software operations at a company, police said.
- It finally allowed efficient input into computers in a format which modern man could understand.
1.2(contribution)aportación femeninoaporte masculino América Latina
- He also stressed the importance of reducing labour input from the current level of 45 hours per cow per year to 25 hours.
- Is it really that difficult to inform students of proposed changes and seek their input on these issues?
- I feel I could contribute much input on the current controversy of meds being passed in our group homes.
- I feel the commissioners should have been involved in having some input to the traffic management plan.
- But there are issues about the local input into decision-making.
- I encourage students to participate and provide input on the affairs of the municipality which affect them directly.
- Your Board of Directors seeks your input on this issue.
- The highest labour input is on farms in the south and east.
- Reduced labour input and feed costs can be achieved by going down the route of feeding chopped straw as part of winter diets.
- Questions were directed at students who were particularly vocal on the audiotapes, but other students were free to walk up and contribute input to the questions as they wished.
- This means that those of us who need the information will have critical input into developing the information as well as having a voice in designing how the information gets back to us.
- He thanked fellow officers and members for their wonderful input and contribution.
- We would say to them that we valued their input and contribution, and we would reward it through a lower tax system that showed that we thought they were important.
- Even more, we'd love your input about the last issue I discussed, this distributed or open-source journalism.
- They believed the only reason development was not working was the lack of professional input: if we provided this, poverty would magically vanish.
- It shows that, on average, women contribute 13% to total labour input in farming.
- I decided my input would involve cooking enough rice to make the stew go far enough to feed the troops.
- In this issue we are particularly requesting your input about people involved in chemical engineering, law, forestry and history.
- The project also involves extensive stakeholder input from the public and private sectors.
- Having this type of input contributes to a team feeling.
2Informáticaentrada femenino(data/statement/unit) de entrada
- The guidance head switched from setting to setting, feeding its input to the computer.
- This information may simply include input device data and timestamps.
- The mouse is probably the most important computer input item you'll use in your lifetime, and the right mouse will mean a lot to your computing comfort.
- A functional computer needs input and output devices, memory, data to work on, and a program that defines how the data are handled.
- She could ‘type’ as fast as Jimmie's computer could accept the input.
- A perfect computer takes the input and gives the desired output.
- The computer rejected his input with a loud beep and he slammed his fists against the smooth, light-silver barrier with anger.
- The LL-T2015 can accept input from three different computers using an optional connection cable.
- Instead they provide input into a computer that issues commands to the components.
- The IBD application folder contains example files and a manual with more detailed information on input file formats.
- As they made their adjustments, a computer stored their input and later created a blueprint of the results.
- As well as being used for text input, the device will also allow users to navigate the desktop and browse the web.
- This is the kind of error - where the computer simply ignores your input silently - that I find more frustrating than any other.
- The movements in your neck are instantly translated into mouse-compatible input to the computer.
(of power)entrada femenino
(terminal, jack)entrada femenino
- To monitor all of this, the channels for all of the live inputs had to be record-enabled.
- There are analogue and digital inputs as well as s-video and component video.
- Others have the inputs for recording audio from external devices like cassette players.
- Both sets ship with a remote control unit with auxiliary sound inputs and a headphone socket.
- If your television has a number of video inputs, it is better to go direct and not add extra cabling.
- The data collected have been inputted into a searchable database.
- As you can see, some of these command-line commands can get downright Byzantine when you're inputting a lot of parameters!
- Work on inputting the details for the Single Payment database was well advanced.
- A clever feature makes it possible for people to adjust the temperature in each area from their computers by inputting a code printed on the nearest duct.
- Errors can be easily be made in not saving information that has been input.
- He also expressed concern about the way police in England and Wales were inputting data on to the Police National Computer about offenders, particularly details of arrests and summonses.
- He said: ‘We are determined inputting data on to the police national computer should be improved.’
- For quick input, the stylus isn't terrible, but writing long e-mails or even inputting several contacts can be grueling.
- Compensation awards in settled cases and by judges since January 2003 are being inputted into the computerised system.
- Therefore at around this time, all book entries were being inputted onto the computer system on a daily basis.
- Lucinda pressed a few buttons on her console, bring up menus, pressing buttons and inputting data.
- The new sales-commission structure is too complicated for the current finance application, so several staffers have been calculating percentages and inputting payments by hand.
- We spent the first few months inputting the customer data before going onto the next phase.
- Has anyone else had problems receiving the confirmation e-mail once inputting your e-mail address for the registration?
- Henry explained that consumers now need to validate websites before inputting their personal data.
- A reader informed us of an internal Revenue memo he had seen that told of Revenue staff printing off Internet-submitted forms and then inputting them manually into another computer.
- Operators ask 999 callers questions, and input responses into a computer.
- After inputting the data, the company was satisfied with the program's ability to model the complex organic shapes of the human heart and its surrounding arterial tree.
- As numbers added up they were inputted into computer databases - spewing out vote by ballot box after ballot box and available for all to see on the wall behind the tally centre through a projector aid.
- There have been delays in setting up the intelligence system and little or no improvement in inputting details of arrests or summonses on the Police National Computer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.