In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They were and are committed, intelligent and insightful, heroes every one.
- Perhaps, because this is French, the dialogue is intelligent and insightful.
- I also appreciate the insightful comments received from the anonymous reviewers.
- The only drawback is that the opinions of the cast and crew are not particularly profound or insightful.
- Bear with me; I am not having the usual fascinating, insightful thoughts at the moment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.