In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The scorecard on job outsourcing versus job insourcing has actually moved in the favor of the U.S. in recent decades, and policy-makers must consider both when evaluating the worldwide movement of jobs.
- The insourcing of certain engineering functions will play a central role in Ford's new Team Value Management waste-reduction strategy, which also was announced last fall.
- The Adams criteria for insourcing include: access to enough qualified workers, a chief executive who is committed to managing technology, and a financial model that justifies the cost.
- But it has added a twist to the offshore bandwagon - by insourcing, rather than outsourcing, the work.
- Companies are redirecting their expenditures, from private networks to IP-based services, from insourcing to outsourcing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.