In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As for the seats themselves, it's instructive to read the Royal Commission report.
- It is instructive, for example, to visit a Vietnamese city, and experience how agreeable it is.
- It is instructive to compare Dawson's version of a song with that of a more highly regarded singer.
- That would give other failed institutions an encouraging and instructive example.
- Indeed the lines of thinking in different epochs provide instructive examples of the science of the day.
- This book is deeply interesting to read while still being informative and instructive.
- History in America has basically become inspirational, not instructive.
- Here they are stifled by large pictures of lesser quality, although the juxtapositions are instructive.
- It is instructive to compare ball speeds and distances in cricket and hockey.
- The extend thanks to the organisers for a very instructive and enjoyable day.
- It also is instructive as an example of the gray areas that are inherent in the discipline.
- It is instructive to apply the book's thesis to Scotland - too often wrongly lumped in with England.
- Simkin's hand as an editor is present in helpful and instructive ways in this collection.
- It is instructive to compare the operation of the essentially similar institutions in Sweden and Denmark.
- This favourable environment has produced a usefully instructive specimen of the democratic species.
- To understand this on a practical level it may be instructive to turn to an example.
- Aside from the freedom and joy these drawings radiate, their simplicity is instructive.
- For these assertions are instructive just because they reveal some of the less obvious effects of a denial of human rights.
- I personally found it instructive and helpful, as I think all those who have taken the course so far.
- I hope you've found it as instructive reading the posts as I've found it writing them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.