In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At times, one might even use the term insubordination to describe certain individuals' response to presidential decisions.
- Atkins took the refusal to answer as insubordination and insolence.
- The flag is at the same time a strong protest against arbitrary actions, injustice, and sociopolitical and sociocultural insubordination.
- He said at least 20 troops had been accused of insubordination initially, but the eight were the ‘brains’ behind the offense.
- He had never in five years shown the slightest disrespect or insubordination.
- And I can see this child as a young adult, trying to make it in the working world and wondering why she keeps getting fired for insubordination.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.