In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculino aislamiento (térmico)masculino aislamiento acústicoElectricidad aislamiento masculino
- As housing insulation, it keeps heat in and reduces condensation, resulting in lower fuel bills.
- Use higher density insulation, such as rigid foam boards, in cathedral ceilings and on exterior walls.
- This database identifies manufacturers and suppliers of building insulation containing recovered materials.
- They needed to protect their insulation from water because it stunk when wet.
- This is a condition that can be improved considerably with the addition of good sound insulation under the deck and in the engine compartment.
- These do-it-yourself instructions cover installation of batts and blankets, loose-fill or poured-in materials, rigid boards, and reflective insulations.
- The ambassador has also pledged to bear the costs of repairing insulation under the heat conducting tin roofs and the cement floors.
- Using wool as housing insulation keeps heat in and reduces condensation, resulting in lower fuel bills.
- The noise is reduced with insulation throughout the body, engine compartment, door panels, and floor.
- Cellulose, fiberglass, and rock wool loose-fill insulations are good choices for many insulation projects.
- In winter, insufficient or damaged roof insulation allows heat to readily escape.
- This type of insulation is considered the most benign from an indoor air quality standpoint.
- One way a mammal reacts to heat loss is by contracting the tiny muscles at the base of each hair, thus creating a fluffy layer of insulation in which air pockets retain body heat.
- I was surprised to learn that all of those various fabrics and insulations have a specific purpose and place in a hunter's wardrobe.
- To keep the interior as comfortable as possible, more insulation was added while a new cabin heating and cooling system was designed and installed.
- The north wall is filled with Styrofoam insulation to stop heat loss.
- Manufacturers are examining ways of using cementitious or fibrous core insulating materials in place of the plastic insulations.
- If the insulation releases heat during the cooler evening hours, there is likely wetness below the roof.
- These walls have no internal air gaps, no space to add insulation and so transmit heat very readily.
- To further safeguard wool insulation, some individuals add cedar shavings.
1.2(material)aislante masculinomaterial aislante masculino
2(from danger, reality)protección femenino
- The potential effects of isolation and insulation intrigue me.
- New doors have opened, allowing us to choose paths that free us from that insulation and isolation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.