In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1insurrección femenino formal
- The popular insurrection gave the government a much greater mandate than any election.
- Nothing frightened slave-dependent societies more than the prospect of widespread slave insurrections.
- One sector, led by the Ministry of Education and the Mayor of Caracas, called for a popular insurrection to defend the government.
- In Germany workers played a leading part in the 1848 insurrections.
- Most of the uprisings were local insurrections against specific circumstances - usually the building of a castle or the exactions of a local Norman lord.
- The insurrection swept the old government from office and could only be crushed by the might of the Russian army.
- An urban insurrection in Jerusalem was followed by a general uprising of the Jewish peasantry.
- Stalin saw the organisers of the insurrection as reactionary nationalists who would stand in the way of future Soviet hegemony.
- An agrarian insurrection swept across the region in the 1880s.
- However, international governing bodies can help to shed light on the relation of proper authority to revolutionary wars and political insurrections through their legitimacy-conferring function.
- In 1920 British troops put down an insurrection in Iraq, and crushed protests and strikes in favour of independence in Egypt.
- In February 1917 economic strikes and food protests led by women fused into a general strike that drew the army into an insurrection.
- An insurrection by French resistance forces freed the city.
- The Maoist rebels have been waging a Marxist insurrection in Nepal for nine years to abolish the monarchy.
- Then there was an insurrection in which the British killed 10,000 people.
- They were under the general orders of Mola and Franco, the leaders of the military insurrection that had sparked the Spanish Civil War.
- The long-simmering anger of alienated black youth at racism and economic injustice in the ghettos was erupting into violent and destructive urban insurrections.
- 1968 was the big year of revolt, its epicentre the student-led insurrection in Paris.
- For a short while, the police continued to insist that they had thwarted an armed insurrection.
- There is a long history of sections of the army and even the police coming over to the side of the people during insurrections.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.