In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(market/rate/settlement) interbancariothe interbank market rate — el tipo de interés en el mercado interbancario
- These are very similar to the Euribor interbank rate for one week to three months, which currently is about 2.1 per cent.
- The first Chinese interbank currency market in China opened in Shanghai in 1994, joining the pre-existing commodities and gold exchanges.
- Banks in a net debit position can borrow from other banks on the interbank market, but can also seek liquidity from the central bank.
- Approximately 90 per cent of total trading in the London foreign exchange market is in the form of interbank foreign exchange transactions.
- Looking at the shorter term, the interbank market rates suggest that the cycle will turn up again early next year.
- In ordinary times, banks usually benefit strongly from interbank rate cuts by the Fed because they lower their cost of funds.
- This they said would enable the market to smooth out wild interest rate fluctuations currently being experienced in the local interbank money market.
- As Russian banks became terrified of lending money to one another, many found it impossible to raise funds on the interbank market.
- The Central Bank figures are calculated using interbank rates, not the European Central Bank rates.
- The current credit boom is dependent on state bank lending to regional and local banks through the interbank market.
- Of course, banks have long sent money across borders through standard interbank wire transfers for corporate and individual clients.
- Its loan book in Britain is funded largely from a British deposit base, with little reliance on the interbank market.
- The loan rates are generally pegged at 3.5 percentage points or more above the London interbank offered rate, now 1.17%.
- For now, senders and receivers must have accounts at the same bank, though Bank of America and Wells plan to offer interbank transfers next year.
- They may borrow through the interbank market from other banks that have excess liquidity.
- During these periods, the interbank swap market closed the shutters, with the consequence that trades beyond even the standard size of $50 million became difficult to execute.
- There were little movements in the overnight interbank rates and the borrowing rate averaged 15 percent for most of the week.
- The paper also said the central bank granted 12 more branches of foreign banks permission to participate in trading on the interbank market.
- The AAA noteholders get a return of 0.58 per cent return over the euro interbank rate (Euribor).
- Small banks in need of unwinding their positions had problems finding counter partners in the interbank market, he said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.