In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intercesor masculinointercesora femenino
- ‘Let us hope,’ wrote the chronicler about this man, ‘that he is not only our temporal benefactor but that he is also our intercessor in heaven.’
- St Lucians come from a society that values the roles of intercessors.
- In the past, especially the distant past, the saints were venerated as prodigies, miracle-workers, intercessors, protectors.
- Such people may even claim that these others are no more than intercessors mediating their relationship with God.
- He may be calling us to be intercessors, evangelists, advocates for the poor, healers of the sick, prophets to the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.