In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are 36 different rates of pay but Aslef wants that cut to four, covering the regions, intercity routes, freight and London and the South-East.
- Our mission is to create a top-quality intercity network for the North over the lifetime of the franchise.
- Attempts to coordinate the region's cultural offerings have met with little success, for traditional intercity rivalries remain deeply entrenched.
- But as for intercity travel in the 21st century, we should be looking forward to something like this.
- Mr Brennan also promised a greatly enhanced service along the 35 km stretch from Mallow to Cork city on the main Dublin-Cork intercity line.
- A report from the commission warns that existing intercity routes will run out of capacity by 2015, forcing rail companies to price passengers off trains and onto already overcrowded roads.
- The four lines would allow separation of the fast intercity and non-stopping commuter trains from the stopping services.
- I had no idea what the penalties were for obstructing the passage of an intercity train, or for preventing the police from going about their duty.
- Over typical intercity distances in the US, train travel would have to be free of charge to make up for the value of the extra travel time.
- He admitted: " We have put a significant amount of capital investment concentrated on London, the south east and intercity routes.
- Nobody denies the need to upgrade the existing system, but why are we having five intercity motorways?
- The rail chaos which has gripped Britain has overshadowed the forthcoming billion pound franchise for one of the UK's major intercity routes from Scotland to London - the East Coast mainline.
- The prices of intercity and international conversations, however, will be cut down by 19 per cent and 14 per cent, respectively.
- While there was a manager for intercity services, there was no such position for commuter services.
- A spokesman for Transport 2000, a campaigning group, said: ‘This is not good news for people who are using the railways other than those on the fast intercity routes.’
- For all this, it provides only 1 percent of all intercity passenger-miles traveled on commercial carriers.
- Conceptually, intercity travel breaks down into five phases.
- Last week, bus fares in Jakarta rose by 25 to 40 percent and intercity transport costs will increase between 14 and 24 percent over the next six months.
- The Berkshire tragedy involved an intercity train which hit a car parked on an unmanned crossing.
- In past the SRA has suggested that new rolling stock on the East Coast line should be introduced after it has been put on other intercity franchises.
- The third measure involves developing other modes of intercity travel, including high-speed rail where metropolitan areas are relatively close together.
- Outside the Paris area, transport authorities said that 40% of regional services were running as well as 60% of high-speed intercity lines.
- In stories which give travellers nightmares, intercity trips usually take much longer than the official estimate.
- ‘We are studying all possibilities, including the demand to increase bus fares, particularly for intercity buses,’ Nuriana said.
- New South Wales permits three bus categories (transit, intercity, and other), while Victoria allows two (bus/coach or mini-bus).
- City and intercity public transportation was halted following a strike by drivers on Thursday.
- With this order, all intercity trains over 30 years old will be removed from the fleet, and modern trains will operate all inter-city services.
- The replacement of public transport modes by the car would thus allow rising levels of travel for a given time outlay, as would the replacement of much intercity motoring by air travel.
- He said the time table was worked out a year in advance and intercity trains were competing with commuter trains.
1interurbano masculinointercity masculino España
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.