In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One example of an antiviral compound is interferon which is a chemical produced by the body in response to viral infection.
- It helps the body produce more interferon to defend itself from viruses and other harmful matter.
- Your body naturally produces interferon as a response to viral infections.
- Other forms of immunotherapy, such as interferon, are being tested in clinical trials.
- If this fails, interferons block the virus from forming particles which can be released and infect other neurons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.