In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We will soon be making contact with beings that are interstellar, intergalactic, and interdimensional.
- These larger jets shoot out from galaxies into the intergalactic medium.
- So strong was the event that the speedy star eventually will be lost altogether, traveling alone in the blackness of intergalactic space.
- As charged particles, cosmic rays are deflected by galactic and intergalactic magnetic fields during their travel to Earth.
- But in intergalactic space, which accounts for most of the volume of the universe, there is less than one atom for every ten cubic meters.
- Nestled between matter-rich filaments and superclusters are ‘voids’ of intergalactic space.
- A dense region of intergalactic gas cools to form several smaller galaxies, which merge to form a larger galaxy with a super massive black hole.
- The year is 3526, and intergalactic contact has been established for three millennia.
- Scientologists have already named it their intergalactic leader.
- In their work, domestic objects floated through the apertures of a make believe house, and continued their journey into intergalactic space.
- The hot gas pours out of this hole, spewing energy and superheated particles into the halo and sometimes beyond, into intergalactic space.
- The massive forces of the merging clusters accelerated intergalactic gas to great speeds.
- Four independent teams of researchers used the beacons of X rays from distant quasars to probe the contents of several intergalactic clouds.
- And they are only about 2.5 million light-years apart, barely a stone's throw in intergalactic terms.
- But scientists worried that intergalactic dust, rather than distance, could account for the dimming.
- The planet they crashed on is in the middle of an intergalactic war.
- On their way to Earth, the X-rays from a distant quasar dim as they pass through a cloud of the intergalactic gas.
- They are found in the great intergalactic voids - vast spaces between groupings of normal galaxies.
- They will learn how plastic bottles can be transformed into scaled-down versions of intergalactic craft, when all eyes turn to the skies at the university this weekend.
- Its benefits included intergalactic space travel at warp speed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.