- These dogs, when they spring into one's consciousness, are likely to bark out interjections such as, ‘What, ho!’
- In English, conjunctions, determiners, interjections, particles, and pronouns are grammatical words.
- I am working on a book about the parts of speech - that's right, nouns, verbs, interjections and all the rest.
- Two significant categories, of course - an article lacking interjections and pronouns, for example, would not pack the punch of one without any nouns or verbs.
- These disconcerting interjections of human speech into an otherwise depopulated realm help illuminate an ambiguous statement about technology in Omit's work.
- I could fall in love habitually with my own eclectic stream of verbs and interjections and clauses.
- I laughed at their jokes, acknowledging their comments with interjections of approval.
- Mark Liberman has an interesting post over at Language Log about the spelling of interjections and onomatopoetic words in comic strips.
- I'd provide interjections such as ‘uh huh’, ‘ahh okay’ and ‘rightey oh then’.
- When it is on its own and used to express an emotion, I chose an equivalent interjection in French: for example, Ça alors!