In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Many Romans stayed and intermarried with the Dacians, helping to shape the customs and language of the region.
- Many Georgian Americans have intermarried with Armenians, Russians, Jews, and Ukrainians.
- Like it or not, they have intermarried with Papuans the last three decades.
- Over time, the different ethnic groups have intermarried.
- His people intermarried with the Burmese and gradually adopted the Buddhist religion.
- The propensity of different groups to intermarry is affected by their numbers in the population.
- Members of prominent families intermarried with other groups, especially wealthy European, Latin American, and North American immigrants.
- Esther intermarries, becoming absorbed in Persian royalty, and is unable to raise a Jewish family of her own.
- However, they intermarried with them and accepted a number of their customs.
- The Angles, Saxons, Danes, Frisians and other invaders intermarried with the existing Romano-British Celts, Romans, Jutes, Gauls, Greeks and Lombards.
- The new families prospered, intermarried with the older established families, and gained wealth and influence throughout New England.
- Some Arabs settled in the area and intermarried with local groups.
- Many Hutus pointed out that they had lived with and intermarried with these people they are being told to kill.
- By the 1990s, a second generation of Brazilians had been born and raised in Paraguay, and a few intermarried with the local population.
- These men are now on an equality with the agricultural families and can intermarry with them.
- Muslim converts intermarried with immigrant Ottomans of various ethnicities.
- Hence, descendants of pre-World War I Jewish immigrants from Russia largely intermarried with Jews or non-Jews with non-Russian origins.
- Stakeholders who have moved have often intermarried with other tribal groups.
- Many of the Scots who were pioneering the west in the 1800s intermarried with the Lakota while working their way through the mid-west as fur trappers.
- And indeed, native-born Americans are intermarrying in steadily rising numbers.
2(within group)casarse entre sí
- They have been intermarrying for generations, which usually involves stepbrothers and stepsisters marrying one another.
- And all people groups can freely intermarry, resulting in a closer approximation to the genetic richness that would have characterized Noah's family.
- There may be regions where one predominates, but Iraqis intermarry and have relations across the country.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.