In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cine Música Teatrointermedio masculinointervalo masculino
- Grab your food and drink during commercials and leave your bathroom visits for intermissions or halftimes.
- During intermission, Michael and Ashley visited the backstage area, where the musicians rested until the finale of the concert.
- Refreshments will be available before and after the concert, and during intermission.
- At the intermission I asked my mum how she enjoyed it.
- In the intermission of the premiere, the guests looked distinctly sheepish.
- There in Germany, they still had intermissions for movies.
- Usually the films are shown in Indian cinemas with a lengthy intermission between the two parts.
- Sam could only guess the auditorium was packed, judging by the noise during intermissions.
- Yet should one recommend a play for its intermission?
- I am not quite sure what was Rose's dilemma; mine was whether or not to leave at intermission.
- At the intermission, Murai came backstage and toweled off his glistening face.
- I only did that with 3 or 4 minutes left to go in the intermission.
- Remember how long movies used to have intermissions?
- If one complaint can be made, it's the fact that an intermission had to be inserted smack dab in the middle of this blistering musical celebration.
- Either it's an instant hit with playgoers or it leaves them scratching their head during intermission.
- During the intermission we both left the studio theatre for a jar and a smoke.
- A show is structured differently from a film, with an intermission planned in the middle.
- First onstage following the intermission was a single dancer wearing a flight attendant's uniform.
- And then, after the intermission, the puppets take the stage.
- Then, after the intermission, the curtain parted and The Band appeared.
2formal(let-up)tregua femeninointerrupción femenino
- You may wish to request a period of intermission from your course if you become ill and are unable to undertake your course.
- There were no regular time schedules for classes and no intermissions between them.
- If you are a candidate for a doctoral degree or masters by research, you may apply for an intermission of studies.
- It is also important to leave time for discussion during the activity, through the use of predetermined or spontaneous pauses or intermissions.
- Your intermission will not be approved until this has been done.
- You may have to take an intermission for a pee break around track 10, but if you crank it loud enough (which you'll want to) you won't miss a beat.
- Typically, approximately ten intermissions are produced each cycle having a duration of approximately 0.8 m seconds.
- Students studying at Monash on a student visa can only apply for an intermission if they have a medical condition or there is a serious illness in the family.
- During the intermission you are considered to be a student of the university for the period of the intermission.
- Vacation literally means an intermission, a period of rest, a break from routine, a time for recreation or a pause from work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.