In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intestinalhe has intestinal fortitude — tiene agallas coloquial
- The trouble with an ultra low-fat diet, healthy or not, is a tendency to intestinal overload with little regular release.
- Stomach and intestinal problems are the most common issues that people currently face.
- Part of the intestinal wall bulges through the abdominal wall into the navel.
- The gastric phase is initiated by the presence of food in the stomach, and the intestinal phase by food in the intestine.
- The causes for chewing wood can be tooth problems and teething, stomach or intestinal parasites or mineral deficiency.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.