In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(injection) intravenoso(injection) endovenoso(feeding) por vía intravenosa(feeding) por vía endovenosa
- Conventional treatment for severe malaria in Africa is intravenous or intramuscular quinine.
- Some anorexics need to be hospitalized and administered intravenous fluids.
- We do often give some intravenous sedation for the stronger peels such as the phenol peel.
- In some cases, feeding via an intravenous drip may be necessary.
- The patient became confused and couldn't drink, so an intravenous drip was set up.
- Some people have to go to the hospital to get oxygen therapy and intravenous fluids.
- An old man sits on the street administering an intravenous drip to himself.
- In intravenous drug abusers it can occur where a vein is regularly punctured with a needle.
- The source of infection was blood transfusion in 23 patients and intravenous drug use in two.
- The emergency department doctors gave him intravenous fluids and intravenous antibiotics.
- Chemotherapy may be administered either systemically via the oral or intravenous route or by hepatic infusion.
- The baby was administered intravenous fluids for five days and then died.
- The lesions completely resolved after treatment with intravenous penicillin.
- Most people remember very little about dental treatment done under intravenous sedation.
- Most study drugs were given orally, with only two of the earlier studies using intravenous therapy initially.
- Even if you have to hire a private ambulance complete with wheelchair and intravenous drip, you must come in the following day.
- During my final year, an exciting innovation was intravenous fluid therapy for calves with acute diarrhoea.
- You will have an intravenous drip to maintain your bodily fluids until you are able to eat and drink.
- If you need antibiotics, fluids or other drugs, you may be given an intravenous drip.
- One of the most commonly used medical devices in hospital patients are peripheral intravenous catheters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.