In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(irrational feeling)intuición femeninoI had an intuition about the outcome — intuí lo que iba a pasar
- don't rely on your intuition — no confíes en la intuición
- female / women's intuition — intuición femenina
- The work is an attempt to say something interesting by exploring the author's hunches and intuitions.
- Where exactly do you draw the distinction between concepts and intuitions in the actual use of language?
- Subjective insights, intuitions and hunches fall into this category of knowledge.
- Hunches, guesses, insights, feelings, and intuitions lead to misdirection and error.
- A second and more important reason not to rely on moral intuitions is that they may simply be wrong or unjust.
- It can indicate premonitions or other intuitions about what is to come.
- With that in mind, it's always interesting to see intuitions confirmed by quantitative or experimental analysis.
- What is certified in the end is a set of impressions, insights, and intuitions.
- Each can be seen as attempting to refine, rather than reject, the basic intuitions which motivated the previous one.
- It's sort of an odd way of thinking about it, but it certainly matches many people's intuitions.
- In this area, we quickly come down to moral intuitions and visceral reactions.
- These intuitions are strengthened when we consider how current technology might conceivably extend.
- However, though intuitions can vary here, there is a powerful case for answering ‘No’.
- His purpose on earth was to offer his own thoughts and intuitions to fellow seekers.
- According to this account, our original intuitions about this inference were wrong.
- Still, his obstinate moral intuitions may have been a virtue in this crisis.
- I have not seen anything that's as sensitive as workers' intuitions.
- Excluded from consideration are such matters as a speaker's intentions, intuitions, and conceptualizations.
- As an illustration, consider our intuitions about brain-transplants.
- Here fundamental human moral intuitions will inevitably come into play.
- Enhance your intuition, which will allow you to look deeply within yourself and into others around you.
- She learns some of her trade from books, but relies on her intuition and common sense for much more.
- Instinct and intuition rule their actions and decisions and reason be dammed!
- They know they have to live their own lives, and use that inherent intuition as a guide to practical decisions.
- They had no firm evidence, but every ounce of their intuition and common sense told them it was a stupid thing to do.
- I've heard it vaguely before, and it exposes a hole in my understanding and intuition, if true.
- When I think about it, probably what I'm being told to do is just to run with my intuition and common sense.
- She uses her acting abilities and intuition to bluff foes out of their clothes.
- If the analyst does not know how to behave, or hold the frame, there is little room for intuition.
- His impulse is to flee, however his intuition is to stay with his child's waking memory.
- In following your inner guide, wisdom and intuition you feel more whole, integrated and centered.
- And also many of us believe that intuition is one of our tools in this search.
- She totally keeps amazing me with her intuition, her perception and her intellect.
- Our intuition and psychic abilities will began to peak during this time.
- In addition to your five physical senses, you were born with intuition, your sixth sense.
- Nevertheless let us accept that astrologers may use some sort of intuition or psychic ability when reading a birth chart.
- We're trusting our intuition a lot more and being able to rely on each other's intuition.
- The history of science tells story after story of challenges to human intuition.
- Use your intuition and telepathy to decide whether either of these cards should take precedence over a non-trump Ace.
- Remember do not get overly concerned, basic common sense and intuition are your best guide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.