In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I am proud to say this year, there has not been even small amount of inundation.
- Some maps also included information about how fast the flow of water might be over land or how long the inundation might last.
- Not only will you have the greatest depth and the slackest flow but also you won't be in danger of an inundation.
- Flood defence experts are to give householders in the Hambleton area advice on how to protect their homes from inundation.
- Following persistent inundation, forests may be destroyed in a relatively short period of time.
- It lies in a pit, which, during the inundation, is filled with water.
- The annual inundation of the Nile increased the likelihood of waterborne infections.
- Dangerous areas cannot be identified systematically and consistently, nor can reliable data be obtained on frequency of inundation.
- The Epic of Gilgamesh describes a flood which preceded the Biblical inundation by at least a thousand years.
- He was appealed to at times of famine caused by low inundation of the Nile.
- Provided burial is not too deep, plants will recover within weeks or months of inundation.
- A former church, which stood on the same site, was washed down by an inundation in 1271.
- In coastal regions sea level rise will lead to more coastal inundation.
- Expeditions were sent to Abyssinia to ascertain the cause of the inundation of the Nile.
- A disabled man has been helped to replace his car, which was damaged in the inundations.
- Due to the periodic tidal inundation of the experimental plots, fertilizer application was required on a regular basis.
- The inundation at two spots on the Tangerang toll road this past week has been a major source of frustration.
- Similar inundations were a regular occurrence back then, bringing the added risk of starvation to survivors due to the disruption caused to agriculture.
- They bring with them devastating winds, heavy rain and the threat of coastal inundation from tidal surges.
- Building over the floodplain will cause increased inundation lower down.
2(heavy rain)diluvio masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.