In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1invasor masculinoinvasora femenino
- He located a tire iron amid the stinging rubble and sprang forth to attack the invaders.
- By the age of 16, this son of peasant farmers was in charge of a country under attack from Communist invaders.
- His cross is the same as the cross of Wotan which Norse invaders of Scotland carried.
- The programme will examine archaeological and genetic evidence to trace the impact the invaders had on Britain.
- It's not easy, as we are constantly having to repel invaders, swatting them away like so many mosquitoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.