In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some of these women regret entering a conveyor belt process that ends up with an invasive procedure that causes a high rate of fetal loss.
- Infants born after very short gestations and require intensive care and undergo invasive procedures are most at risk.
- Central venous catheterization is one of the most commonly used invasive procedures in critically ill patients.
- The importance of asepsis and sterilization of instruments and supplies for invasive procedures became widely accepted.
- For major invasive procedures or surgery, it may be reconsidered 12 hours after the procedure.
- The local research ethics committee's permission must be sought before a clinician undertakes a new invasive procedure
- Coagulopathy should be corrected when there is overt bleeding or an invasive procedure is planned.
- Neonatologists agree on the importance of pain relief for newborn babies undergoing invasive procedures, such as placement of a chest drain.
- Most attempts to move complex and invasive procedures out of hospital completely and into patients' homes remain marginal.
- Percutaneous cholecystostomy is a minimally invasive procedure that can benefit patients with serious comorbidity who are at high risk from major surgery.
- Colonoscopy is an indispensable part of modern medical practice and one of the most commonly used invasive medical procedures.
- The new policy had the potential to touch many areas in the hospital because invasive procedures are performed in a variety of settings.
- Invasive procedures such as needle biopsies are guided by ultrasound images.
- The definitive diagnosis thus requires an invasive procedure with biopsy.
- It also may be used in other ambulatory settings that perform surgery or other invasive procedures.
- But minimally invasive procedures, using instruments controlled by humans, have their limitations.
- For patients with grade III fixed posterior subluxation, more invasive procedures should be considered.
- Patients maintained on warfarin may occasionally need to stop anticoagulant therapy during invasive procedures.
- Junior nurses and healthcare assistants more involved in physical care seemed able to recognise that there was more to care than drugs, surgery, and invasive procedures.
- At the same time, the likelihood of harm from false-positive results and invasive procedures and treatment is substantial.
- Sixty percent of women who are diagnosed with invasive cervical cancer have not had a Pap smear in the past five years.
- Amphotericin B is the cornerstone for treatment of invasive fungal infections, especially in neutropenic patients
- Not a single case of invasive cervical cancer was missed with the use of HPV DNA testing in conjunction with cytology.
- Intraductal proliferative lesions are associated with increased invasive cancer risk.
- After habitat destruction, the spread of alien invasive species in our countryside is one of the most pervasive threats to our native plants.
- No cases of invasive cervical cancer occurred in women who had at least three previously normal Pap tests.
- If you get regular Pap tests, your chances of developing invasive cervical cancer are very low.
- Battling invasive aquatics Texas has problems with harmful invasive aquatic plants.
- Only intensive cutting and repeated herbicide treatment can halt the invasive shrub's spread.
- These superficial lesions can also be treated bronchoscopically to prevent progression to invasive cancer.
- ‘Polyp cancers’ are defined as invasive cancers removed at colonoscopy when colectomy was not carried out
- There was invasive cancer in the cyst wall and the adjacent solid areas.
- However, significant differences have been observed between endometrial cancer and invasive ovarian cancer.
- Why do nerve cell bundles ‘camp’ near the invasive front of colon cancer tumors?
- They can be very invasive, spreading with suckers and by stems rooting where they touch the soil but hard annual pruning will keep growth in check.
- If abnormal cells are found early on, pre-cancerous changes can be treated before they become invasive cancer of the vulva.
- This finding underscores the need for careful follow-up for the development of muscle invasive cancer.
- These lesions can progress to carcinoma in situ and then to invasive cancer.
- But since the plant's seeds are sterile, the grass does not spread like an invasive species.
- It is also used by people interested in research and conservation, or those simply interested in the spread of invasive aquatic animals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.