In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Finanzasinversión femeninoto encourage public investment — promover la inversión pública
- to encourage private investment — promover la inversión privada
- before noun investment analyst — analista de inversiones
- investment consultant — asesor de inversiones
- investment grant — subvención para la inversión
- investment income — rendimientos del capital mobiliario
- investment portfolio — cartera de valores
1.2(of time)inversión femeninohe had made a big emotional investment in the relationship — había puesto mucho en la relación
- The readiness we have today is a result of our past investments in realistic training.
- It requires a greater investment of time, attention, and emotional energy.
- This was just enough to buy a small flat in Nuneaton, through a friend, as an investment for the future.
- In the long run, graduates who go into high-earning jobs will still turn that into a worthwhile investment.
- Such commemoration is a worthwhile investment in terms of the extra tourist income that would be brought to London.
- Then, there was an enormous investment of time and effort in the decision over the euro.
- May every gift we bring be an investment in the future that you have for all people.
- They are making investments for their own future.
- But give first before you receive, considering it an investment in later results.
- This survey is the result of a significant investment of time by numerous volunteers.
1.3(beneficial purchase)inversión femenino
- That is an investment in the future and an investment that is paying off already.
- Both of these pieces of equipment were good investments for future use in ceramics classes.
- Generally, we've left decisions about energy investments to private investors.
- Wise buyers of contemporary Irish couture should regard their purchases as future investments.
- You can get packs of various sizes to suit all your cable management needs so they tend to be a good investment for a future quick fix.
- There is a steep learning curve but it becomes an investment in the future and is an inevitability.
- Even if you don't need the extra performance now, you can think of it as an investment in future gaming fun.
- The band will soon be releasing a live album, which will be well worth the investment.
- The factors that make wine a worthwhile investment are numerous and complex.
- Maintaining and improving the outside of your home is well worth the investment and will make it more marketable.
- Future investments will be concentrated into the automotive business in order to improve its competitiveness.
- At the same time, furthering your career is one of the biggest investments you can make in your children's future.
- Chinese oil companies are investigating major investments in Russian energy companies.
- Chelsea with all their cash would see him as an investment for the future as much as anything else.
- Louis viewed bribes as an investment which could bring future benefits to France.
- The expected returns of all sterling-based investments, shares included, must now be lower to account for this.
- It is worth the investment and risk of spending money upfront - not just to cover your back but to make better choices.
- Over the long term, shares have beaten other mainstream investments, and we expect them to continue to do so in the future.
- We have made big investments for the future in the Superannuation Fund and now in the savings initiatives.
- Apart from investments, one source expected to grow is non-oil and gas exports.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.