In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Finanzasinversión femeninoto encourage public investment — promover la inversión pública
- to encourage private investment — promover la inversión privada
- before noun investment analyst — analista de inversiones
- investment consultant — asesora de inversiones
- investment grant — subvención para la inversión
- investment income — rendimientos del capital mobiliario
- investment portfolio — cartera de valores
1.2(of time)inversión femeninohe had made a big emotional investment in the relationship — había puesto mucho en la relación
- May every gift we bring be an investment in the future that you have for all people.
- The readiness we have today is a result of our past investments in realistic training.
- This survey is the result of a significant investment of time by numerous volunteers.
- Then, there was an enormous investment of time and effort in the decision over the euro.
- Such commemoration is a worthwhile investment in terms of the extra tourist income that would be brought to London.
- In the long run, graduates who go into high-earning jobs will still turn that into a worthwhile investment.
- They are making investments for their own future.
- This was just enough to buy a small flat in Nuneaton, through a friend, as an investment for the future.
- It requires a greater investment of time, attention, and emotional energy.
- But give first before you receive, considering it an investment in later results.
1.3(beneficial purchase)inversión femenino
- That is an investment in the future and an investment that is paying off already.
- We have made big investments for the future in the Superannuation Fund and now in the savings initiatives.
- It is worth the investment and risk of spending money upfront - not just to cover your back but to make better choices.
- The factors that make wine a worthwhile investment are numerous and complex.
- Both of these pieces of equipment were good investments for future use in ceramics classes.
- Future investments will be concentrated into the automotive business in order to improve its competitiveness.
- Maintaining and improving the outside of your home is well worth the investment and will make it more marketable.
- Chelsea with all their cash would see him as an investment for the future as much as anything else.
- There is a steep learning curve but it becomes an investment in the future and is an inevitability.
- Apart from investments, one source expected to grow is non-oil and gas exports.
- At the same time, furthering your career is one of the biggest investments you can make in your children's future.
- You can get packs of various sizes to suit all your cable management needs so they tend to be a good investment for a future quick fix.
- Over the long term, shares have beaten other mainstream investments, and we expect them to continue to do so in the future.
- Even if you don't need the extra performance now, you can think of it as an investment in future gaming fun.
- Chinese oil companies are investigating major investments in Russian energy companies.
- The expected returns of all sterling-based investments, shares included, must now be lower to account for this.
- The band will soon be releasing a live album, which will be well worth the investment.
- Generally, we've left decisions about energy investments to private investors.
- Wise buyers of contemporary Irish couture should regard their purchases as future investments.
- Louis viewed bribes as an investment which could bring future benefits to France.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.