In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1al que solo puede asistirse por invitación
- The formula was to take the top 28 on points, plus three invitational picks, with the final spot determined by the fans.
- We plan to grow this into an invitational competition for hang gliding and paragliding.
- At all tournaments held throughout the year, including invitational tournaments attended to prepare for the regional and national competitions, students perform the roles of witnesses and attorneys.
- The six invitational or foreign sides, including the much-fancied Academic Lions, are to be drawn into each pool, and then the remaining 12 teams will be placed in the groups via a free draw, which will take place in late May.
- The team then contested matches against an Ohakea invitational team, where the ADF proved too strong for their challengers.
- This year the Cliburn, in its customary effort to include a contemporary work, held an invitational competition for composers.
- She mentioned receiving a card I had filled out a couple weeks ago when my daughter and I attended that Girl Scout invitational meeting.
- No points were awarded during the Japan Cup or Tournament of Champions, which are now treated as invitational events.
- It is also hoped to stage a senior tournament, and a ladies invitational challenge.
- The annual Italian invitational youth tournament is in its 58th year and Chambishi are only the second Zambian team to take part, after Afrisport who contested the championship last year.
- In July, the Senior tour would begin, with perhaps an invitational doubles event or even a pairing of Senior men and women bowlers, and run through October.
- Gymnasts can then participate in invitational competitions with their clubs.
- In November 1981 Gerry was invited to Hong Kong to represent Ireland in an invitational superstars competition.
- I first met Joel Moxey sometime ago during one of the World invitational bonefishing championships.
- The Warriors track and field team competed at the invitational Nike University of Toronto Track Classic this past weekend.
- At the invitational Copenhagen Master, which used the round-robin system, they failed to reach the final.
- She won a couple of medals in invitational competitions in singles, but switched to dance because she always enjoyed dancing, much more than free skating.
- Anjali not only endorsed Annika's decision to enter the forbidden PGA territory but supports creation of more invitational sporting events featuring women and men wherever possible to attract more public and media exposure for sport.
- Hawaii's golf-perfect weather is an appropriate location for the invitational Eat It 2001 Golf Tournament at the scenic Ko Olina course.
- The 18-member squad then will head for Germany as India has agreed to participate in a four-nation invitational tournament in Dusseldorf.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.