In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Actually the conversation was slightly more involved than that, but that was how it basically went.
- In the past, the Law Society has said that there could be an involved process if it were to seek to investigate such cases.
- This is quite a complex and involved question with a number of points to be addressed.
- When all of them descend on a small Ohio town, the complications are hilariously involved and tuneful.
- I had thought about writing a long and involved piece on how the reality of prepared food rarely comes close to the ideal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.