In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(entanglement)participación femeninothat confirmed the extent of his involvement in the affair — eso confirmó su grado de participación / lo implicado que estaba en el asunto
- they deny any involvement in terrorist attacks — niegan estar implicados en ningún ataque terrorista
- I will help you investigate this case, but I hope to keep my personal involvement to a minimum.
- Romero challenged this group of staff to show up at orientation and present themselves in a way in which others new to the staff would not readily recognize longstanding friendships and involvements.
- So you don't think in the areas of personal life or other relationships or new involvements, doesn't enter your thoughts?
- Reading the narratives, one is left with the sense that the choice to abstain from all sexual involvements was more emotionally driven for women than for men.
- The girl is in a rage because she has overheard him saying that his involvement with her in no big deal.
- He denied any involvement with the tattooed Sabrina, who is a close friend of his wife's.
- To me, sexual involvement has nothing whatsoever to do with emotional involvement.
- Have you got any personal knowledge of any of those programmes, or any involvement in them?
- In a career, emotional involvement is essential for the Leo to feel fulfilled.
- He had personal involvement and enthusiasm with many known and unknown bands.
- Their stories were linked, he said, by their mother's involvement with both of them.
- His involvement with Alejanda would destroy her relationship with her father.
- Cantor's involvement with her clients goes far beyond professional detachment.
- I was aware of her when we first became friends, though not at first the extent of his involvement.
- I think that we have to look at capital punishment free of personal involvement.
- It's best to move into new personal involvements slowly and steadily.
- All she did was read out a personal letter written by Dan in which he denied involvement.
- Men are fighting to have more involvement with family life, for paternity leave.
- This is characteristic of a system totally lacking in any real involvement of ordinary people.
- These facts are easy to miss in the real world where we can blame space and geography for our involvement with others.
2(relationship)relación (sentimental) femeninoenredo masculino coloquialI disapprove of your involvement with him — tu relación con él no me parece nada bien
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.